I have neglected my site for months now, yet when I came back to it I realized a couple of things. It severely lacked content and lacked details of my Quantum Satellite project. Below are my goals for the project:
- Integrate a web portal with a completely redesigned encryption algorithm that utilizes AWS Lambda functions to talk to the IBM Quantum Computing API
- Develop a new set of encryption algorithms
- Incorporate those algorithms into the web portal in such a way that an ordinary user can copy/paste a public/private key and have it be unbreakable. I believe this can be achieved through quantum technology.
- Quantum technology allows us to utilize the fundamental nature of physics and the Universe in very special ways.
- Develop a mechanism on the portal that allows for secure transfer and download of the private key while being able to share the public key.
Quantum cryptography presents a unique experience in that we can maintain a completely secure and random way to generate keys. I am excited to continue on this venture and hope to have the portal up soon that has this functionality.
My eventual goal is to (Which is very very far off):
- Create a cube satellite
- Build that cubesat in such a way that it can beam down an entangled particle
- Use that entanglement to create an encryption technology that is based on the Universe and its quantum properties.
I am working on a hybrid Java Spring application that incorporates the quantum cryptography, distributed telescope AND astronomical image analysis using GPUs. This is a lot and I have been taking it in stages, kind of slowly to my dismay. I have been focusing on parts that I probably shouldn’t be like the AWS Cognito Signin/Signup/Two factor authentication/etc. These have very little to do with the actual and fun stuff, but eventually they should be done and I think Ill struggle more with them so Ive focused there first. Not all is lost.